November Update: Upcoming EventsPosted: November 1, 2011
Alhambra City Council Bike Plan Study Session
The Alhambra City Council will be having a Study Session, open to the public, on Monday November 7th at 5:30pm. The meeting will be held in the central library’s Community Room on 101 South 1st St., just southwest of Main and Garfield.
If you live, ride or would just like to see a more bike/ped friendly Alhambra, please attend the meeting. This will be Council’s first formal consideration of the issue.
What: Alhambra City Council Bike Plan Study Session
When: Monday November 7th, 5:30pm
South El Monte to Host Design Workshops for Durfee/Peck Rd Improvements
The California Local Government Commission, City of South El Monte and CA Center for Public Health Advocacy will be hosting a series of three community workshops to develop a bike-ped friendly vision for Durfee and Peck Roads. Public input is sorely needed, so if you live, walk, bike or just want to support active transportation in South El Monte please attend one, two or all of the events. For more info, call 626-579-6540.
11/10 (6-8pm) Opening Community Workshop
11/12 (9am-1pm) Walking Tour and Design Workshop
11/15 (6-8pm) Presentation of a Vision Plan
Where: All events will be held at the Senior Center, 1556 Central Ave, South El Monte
November Coalition Meeting – 11/14 – 6:30-8:30pm – El Encanto
The next WSGVBC coalition meeting is right around the corner. Join us at Monterey Park’s historic El Encanto building for refreshments and updates on the group’s latest efforts in the community.
What: West San Gabriel Bike Coalition Meeting
When: Monday November 14th, 6:30-8:30pm
California Bike Summit – 11/5-7 – Kyoto Grand Hotel, Los Angeles
This weekend, the California Bicycle Coalition is coming to town to host this year’s state bike summit in downtown Los Angeles. The three day event will feature an array of speakers, workshops, organized rides, and opportunities to meet and socialize with bike advocates from around the state.
City of Pasadena to Host General Plan Mobility Workshops in November
City Planning staff will host four Mobility Workshopsin November for members of the public to share their “thoughts about the future of driving, biking, walking and riding transit” in the City. The workshops are the latest outreach opportunity of the City’s General Plan update process, which is winding down and should come before Council for approval in the coming months.
The City’s Draft Bike Master Plan falls under the Mobility Element of the General Plan, so these meetings will be a good opportunity for folks who live and ride in Pasadena to provide feedback directly to City staff.
What: City of Pasadena Mobility Workshops
When/where: November 10, 11, 17, and 12/1 (Spanish)
Upcoming Events in Chronological Order
- 11/3 (6-7pm) – Emerald Necklace Action Team Meeting – Jack Crippen Senior Center, 3120 Tyler Ave., El Monte
- 11/7 (5:30pm) – Alhambra Bike Plan Study Session – Alhambra Library Community Room, 101 South 1st Street, Alhambra 91801
- 11/10 (6:30-8:30pm) – Pasadena Mobility Workshop – Pasadena Senior Center, Scott Pavilion, 85 E. Holly St, Pasadena
- 11/10 (6-8pm) – South El Monte Durfee/Peck Rd. Community Workshop – Senior Center, 1556 Central Ave, South El Monte
- 11/10 (7-9pm) – Temple City Traffic Calming Workshop – Temple City Historical Society Hall, 9704 Woodruff Ave.
- 11/12 (9am-1pm) – Walking Tour and Design Workshop – Senior Center, 1556 Central Ave, South El Monte
- 11/14 (6:30-8:30pm) – WSGVBC Monthly Meeting – El Encanto, 700 El Mercado Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91754
- 11/15 (6:30-8:30pm) – Pasadena Mobility Workshop – Jackie Robinson Center, 1020 N. Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena
- 11/15 (6-8pm) – Presentation of Durfee/Peck Rd. Vision Plan – Senior Center, 1556 Central Ave, South El Monte
- 11/16 (9am-) – LA County Regional Planning Commission Public Hearing on Final Draft of Bike Plan – Hall of Records; Room 150, 320 West Temple Street, Los Angeles. The Final Plan and Draft EIR are available for public review.
- 11/17 (2:30-4:30pm) – Pasadena Mobility Workshop – Fair Oaks Community Room, Renaissance Plaza, 694 N. Fair Oaks Ave. 2nd Floor #203, Pasadena
- 11/17 (6-8pm) – Temple City Downtown Strategic Plan Workshop – Temple City Historical Society Hall, 9704 Woodruff Ave.